Orthopedic Clinic & Knee Braces in TorontoImproving lives with knee braces and medical devices that prevent, treat and rehabilitate musculoskeletal conditions
Services Quick Links
Physiotherapy: Manual Therapy
Custom Orthotics - Foot Clinic
Custom Orthopaedic Bracing /
Compression Stockings /
Anti-embolism Stockings Most insurance companies allow our clinic “Assignment of Benefits”, in which case the patient does not have to pay up front.
Custom Orthopaedic Bracing / Knee Brace
Getting Started - An Accurate DiagnosisAn accurate and complete diagnosis is a critical first step in prescribing the correct knee brace to enable a healthy, complete and active recovery from your injury or surgery. Our expert team of Physiotherapists, Athletic Therapists and Physicians have over 45 years experience in prescribing orthopaedic knee braces in Toronto and medical devices to help improve lives and return our patients to an interactive and healthy lifestyle. We are deeply committed to the science of bracing and only provide state of the art DonJoy knee brace technology which follows strict research standards and evidence based protocols. Our staff at our orthopedic clinic in Toronto will ensure that you are expertly fitted for the knee brace that best suits your needs.
ACL Knee Brace
Reasons for an ACL Brace:Following reconstructive knee surgery such as an ACL repair, there are three primary reasons for wearing a custom fitted functional knee brace: A custom fitted functional ACL knee brace is the most widely accepted and clinically proven way of protecting a healing ACL after ACL surgery.
- The ligament graft requires sufficient time to heal. it is at its weakest point from 6-12 weeks following knee surgery
- A functional knee brace provides a constant and psychological reminder to the patient that they have undergone surgery and need to ease back into normal physical activity. Also an excellent adjunct to Physiotherapy.
- Offers peace of mind to the surgeon, physiotherapist, and patient, that the knee is protected.
Preventative ACL Knee Brace; Not Only For RehabilitationMany High School, University, Professional, and 'weekend warrior' athletes wear a customized knee brace as a preventative measure to guard against potential injury. Recent clinical studies have shown that athletes who wore a custom fitted functional ACL knee brace, were estimated to reduce their chance of a non contact ACL injury by over 50%.
- 50% of ACL tears occur between the ages of 15-25
- Preventative bracing greatly reduces the athletes risk of sustaining a knee injury
- Superior comfort and fit without restricting performance
- High School athletes are the number one age group most likely to tear their ACL
- High School football players are 2x more likely to suffer a season ending knee injury than University Players
Women and ACL tears
- Women are 10x more likely to suffer a non contact ACL injury than are men
- Majority of female ACL tears and injury occur during 'Run, Stop, Jump' activities; such as basketball, volleyball, field hockey, soccer, gymnastics, and softball.
- A customized female specific ACL knee brace significantly reduces the occurrence of injury and re-injury to the ACL
To book an appointment, or if you have any questions, please call us at 416 767 8717